Monday, November 2, 2009

"The Caterpillar's Flight"

The day has finally arrived! I have been writing, editing, revising, shaping, moving, crying, screaming, smiling, laughing, breathing, and celebrating this book for more than eleven years. Today ........The caterpillar took flight! I feel excited, nervous, happy, proud, and at peace. At the moment it was published, I breathed deeply in and out and prayed that it would go out into the world and make a difference. No confetti fell from the sky, no trumpets sounded, no marching band came up the driveway......just me and my cat sitting in my office, on a sunny autumn day, in a house that's 230 years old, on a little plot of land with lots of love surrounding it. What a blessing it is to be able to do what I truly love. Today, I give thanks for the muse that is writing. For me, writing has always been Home. May you seek your highest expression of self today. Go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment